Tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis is very common, it can be very hard to treat.
We have the 1st YouTube video here to introduce what is tennis elbow, what is cause and how to treat it. The second introduces why it takes long time for heal tennis elbow?
1. What is the real reason of the pain for tennis elbow?
The inflammatory, tearing and swelling for the tendon of the extensor muscle group at its insertion into the lateral epicondyle.
2. What are the common treatment methods in conventional medicine for tennis elbow?
- Job modification
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory
- Physiotherapy -eccentric excesses
- Steroids Injections
3. Why it can be difficult to treat tennis elbow?
Most of the common treatment methods used in conventional medicine only REDUCE the inflammation temporarily, so it reoccurs frequently.
4. How does traditional acupuncture treat tennis elbow?
Most acupuncturists use traditional acupuncture treatment method to treat tennis elbow by using very fine acupuncture needles insert into some acupuncture points around the elbow area, which can help some patients, but usually not very good result.
5. How do you treat tennis elbow at Dragon Acupuncture clinics?
We have developed own unique acupuncture technique based our 36 years’ experience. Our acupuncture technique can stimulate the body’s healing system to speed up the healing process to significantly reduce and even eliminate the inflammation at the site where the tendon attaches the humerus. We have successfully treated many patients with tennis elbow with long term pain relieve.
6. How many treatments are needed to treat tennis elbow?
Everybody responses to acupuncture differently. But it usually takes 2-8 treatments, 5 treatments by average.
If you want to know detail how our acupuncture treatment is different from traditional acupuncture and conventional medicine, call us today and schedule a free consultation.